Search This Blog

Sunday, May 13, 2012

I Hate it When People Mutter and are Offended When You Ask Them to Repeat What They Said


I hate it when people don't talk clearly enough and then when you ask for a repetition they go, "It's nothing." It's irritating especially if they try to use a word different from what they said and insist it's what they said.

"It would be good if we had a ... here."

"A what?"

"Nothing."

"You said it would be good if we had a...?"

"A little cheer in here"

"That's not what you said. If we had a...?"

"Nothing."

"A what?!"

"I said it would be good if we had a beer in here."

"Yeah I agree I think we need 2 cold ones."


Was that so hard?

If it wasn't supposed to be heard don't mutter it at all. And if you want it heard, then for crying out loud speak up. And if by some circumstance like loud music, static on the phone line or wax in the ears prevent you from being heard properly, don't go on feeling hurt for not being heard in the first place.

If I wasn't paying attention I wouldn't be having this conversation with you. If I wasn't paying attention I'd answer you in a lame or off tangent manner like, "Uhuh that's nice." Instead of repeating your sentence word for word except the misheard one.

No comments: